Special Guardianship Orders

You are here

When parents are unable to look after their child, you could find yourself looking after them. You could then consider applying to the court for a Special Guardianship Order. If granted the court would appoint you as a "Special Guardian" and you would acquire Enhanced Parental Responsibility for the child in your care.  

Our specialist lawyers are experienced in dealing with Special Guardianship Orders, whether you are the party seeking an Order or opposing an Order. We provide advice, assistance and support throughout the process in a way in which can easily be understood.

Please see our Children's Guardian fact sheet

Fact Sheet




Friendly and approachable service


24 hour response time to all initial enquiries


No hidden costs (Fixed Fees and Legal Aid available where applicable)


Our People

Julia Allely

Director and Solicitor

Pardeep Jassal

Director and Solicitor

Karen Jones

Legal Assistant

Contact Us

To find out more about what we can do to help, fill out this form and one of our specialist Solicitors will contact you


This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.


Accredited Children Accreditation

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No. 636723, Company No. 08065590


Wright Solicitors is a trading name of Wright Solicitors Limited, Reg Office: Lutley House, 13 St James's Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 1JF